The Men of The Ridge will award multiple $500 one-time scholarships to students pursuing post-high school education. The scholarships will be awarded based upon a written essay submitted by the applicants along with personal interviews.
- Applicants must be a member of The Ridge.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or younger as of February 15 of the year applying.
- Applicants must successfully graduate from high school or have a GED as of June 30 of the year applying.
- The essay must be the original work of the applicant. Purchased or contracted essays are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Evidence of acceptance to an accredited college or university or state certified training institution must be submitted upon request.
A 500-1000 word unpublished essay describing:
- How Christ is at work in your life and,
- How you are called to the next step in your educational life.
A committee of judges comprised of members of the Men of The Ridge will evaluate all submissions based upon content, grammar and spelling. Each applicant will also be interviewed by the committee for the purpose of elaborating on their essay. The committee will recommend candidates to the larger organization. The organization will vote to award the scholarships. The scholarships will be presented on Senior Recognition Sunday in May. All submissions become the property of The Ridge.
- Plain bond paper.
- Typed or computer generated.
- Margins of one inch on all sides.
- Font equivalent to 12-pt Times New Roman.
- Block paragraphs aligned left.
- Page headers with title of essay.
- Page footers with page number and number of pages.
- Cover page with title of essay, applicant name, address and phone number and date of submission.
- Essay starts on the page following the cover page.
Essays must be postmarked by midnight March 15 of the year applying. Mail to: Men of The Ridge Scholarship Committee, c/o The Ridge, 5055 Blue Ridge Boulevard, Kansas City, MO 64133.